Positive Link is a program of JustUs Health that provides education and support for gay and bisexual men who are living with HIV. Every month, we host social and educational events to bring members of our community together. We also help people living with HIV to get connected to local resources, programs, and clinics. We want to bring you the most current and scientifically accurate information about living with HIV and other aspects of sexual health. Whether you are newly diagnosed or have been living with HIV for years, Positive Link has something to offer you.
- Meetup Group: We use Meetup.com and its related mobile apps to post information about Positive Link facilitated programming as well as allow a platform for our participants to plan their own events with other members of the HIV-positive community and build social connections. Access to the group is screened so that only those who are living with HIV can access the information.
- Facebook Group: Positive Link has a secret Facebook group that has nearly 300 members. The group is a resource for clients to share HIV and other health related information, a place where clients can find social support and facilitate online discussion of hot topics. The group allows clients to maintain a degree of anonymity since only Positive Link participants have access to the group.
- Email Newsletter: On the last Friday of each month, we send out an electronic newsletter to more than 400 program participants with information about what they can look forward to over the next two months.
Individual Client Meetings: We can meet with you one on one to help you learn about safe sex and risk reduction. All meetings are confidential. We can also help you get connected to services and make referrals.
1st and 3rd Wednesday Suppor+ Discussion Groups: These peer-facilitated discussion groups meet twice a month on Wednesday evenings in a a safe-space for gay and bisexual men living with HIV get together to learn more about a range of topics. A sample of topics include:
- Living with HIV
- Disclosure (communicating with friends, family and partners)
- Nutrition and body image
- Intimacy and relationships
- Stigma management/reduction
- HIV treatment
- Building social support
- Mental health management
- Sexual health and risk-reduction
Suppor+Chat Coffee Night: At least once a month, we pick a Wednesday night to connect with each other at a Minneapolis coffee shop to chat and socialize. There are no set topics and members are free to bring up their own topics of discussion.
Core Group: The last Wednesday of every month is dedicated to participant feedback about past and future programming. Positive Link is "for and by gay/bi men with HIV" and our Core Group ensures we stay true to that mission. All program participants are welcome at any feedback session.
Educational Workshops for Clients and Staff: Positive Link staff and volunteers plan and coordinate free dinners at local restaurants where experts present about HIV related issues.
Hi-5 Social Activities: Positive Link staff and or volunteers promote and host social activities such as cookouts, movie nights, ice skating, bowling, and visits museums or popular Twin Cities activities.
Fit+Fun Events: these events take place in various Twin Cities parks during warm weather months and start with stretching led by a Certified Personal Trainer and encourage members to get out and move their bodies to live healthier lifestyles.
Positive Link Calendar:
- Monday, July 30 – Minnesota Twins Game vs. Cleveland Indians
- Wednesday, August 1 – Suppor+Discussion Group
- Thursday, August 2 – Merck Presents: I Take Charge of My HIV
- Wednesday, August 8 – Suppor+Chat Coffee Night
- Saturday, August 11 – Hi-5 Brunch at Egg & I
- Monday, August 13 - Fit+Fun Night: Hike, Bike or Run Bde Maka Ska
- Wednesday, August 15 – Suppor+Discussion Group
- Tuesday, August 21 – ViiV Presents: HIV and Healthy Eating Considerations
- Wednesday, August 22 – Suppor+Chat Coffee Night
- Tuesday, August 28 – Day at the Minnesota State Fair!
- Wednesday, August 29 – Core Group
- Wednesday, September 5 – Suppor+Discussion Group
- Saturday, September 8 – Hi-5 Drag Brunch at LUSH
- Tuesday, September 11 – Dinner & a Movie
- Wednesday, September 13 – Suppor+Chat Coffee Night
- Tuesday, September 18 – Gilead Presents: Sticking to Your HIV Treatment Plan
- Wednesday, September 19 – Suppor+Discussion Group
- Wednesday, September 26 – Core Group
- Thursday, September 27 – An Evening at the Minnesota Science Museum