Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis or PrEP is a new tool in the HIV prevention toolbox. Our PrEP navigators can help you determine whether PrEP is right for your, and connect you to resources to access this highly effective HIV prevention strategy.
What is PrEP?
PrEP is a once a day pill that can help prevent you from getting HIV if you are exposed to the virus.
Is PrEP right for me?
PrEP might be right for you if:
- You have condomless sex with partners who are HIV positive or of unknown status
- Your primary sexual partner is HIV-positive
- You exchange sex for money, shelter, drugs or other needs
- You share syringes or use syringes that may have been used by someone else previously
- You’ve been diagnosed with an STI in the past year
- You or your partner has recently been incarcerated
How do I get on PrEP?
If you are interested in PrEP, our PrEP navigator can help you determine your risk, assess your insurance for coverage, and help you make an appointment with a doctor that prescribes PrEP.
For more information or to make an appointment, call Liv Hnilicka at 612-373-9168.